Old 13-04-2009, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Killing Grass

mo wrote:
Before the winter I started a project in my garden which will see me
digginggup a large amount of lawn, rejigging it all and relaying the lawn

When it was wet it obviously became hard to lift up the turf as it was
soaked with water, now the suummer is coming it will be easier to lift up
the turf hopefully.

I can't get to work for about 6 weeks, in the meantime is there anything I
can put onto the grass to kill it (and any weeds etc in the surrounding
areas) - I basically want the grass to wither away so I can just dig up
the mud.

I need something cheap though as the area is fairly large and I have seen
thep rice of some of those sprays at Homebase!

I think you will find that Bayer glyphosate concentrate is considerably
cheaper than Roundup.

--
Jeff