Old 13-04-2009, 04:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default Grass walkways through garden?

"sf" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 09:50:34 -0700, "Zootal"
wrote:

Thank you everyone! It seems the general consensus is that it doesn't hurt
anything to have these grass covered pathways through the garden. I live
in
the mid-Willamette Valley, western Oregon, right in the middle of the
grass
seed farming area - grass grows everywhere, and very well.

Beautiful country up there! I hate gravel, but was wondering if you'd
considered hardscaping your garden paths? They have wonderful pavers
out now that are made of concrete, but have a natural stone look. We
just replaced our sidewalk with them a few days ago and we're very
happy with the result! http://i42.tinypic.com/2zdyoev.jpg

I thought of that, but my garden layout is not static. There is a huge apple
tree that shades one side in the morning, and a huge fir tree that shades
the other side in the afternoon. Plus fruit trees on the west side and a
fence in progress that will shade one of the beds when it's finished. I'm
not quite sure what they final layout would be. Too many other things still
on my to-do list, it never ends sigh.