Old 13-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson

Default Anemone blanda showing?

The message
from Kay Easton contains these words:

In article , Hussein M.
writes
Hi folks,

I put some Anemone blanda - rhizomes I think they were - in a
patch. They aren't showing despite the fact that other Anemones are
not only showing but flowering.

Is anyone else growing blanda?

Yes, mine are up and showing here in Leeds.

Are they better started in the green?
--
Kay Easton

I don't think I've ever seen them offered in the green. Sometimes garden
centres have them growing in pots which I suppose achieves the same
effect - but expensively.
There is a problem often though with dried out rhizomes. It's worth
trying to get them from somewhere reliable - mail order e.g. Peter
Nyssen is a reasonable bet. It's also reckoned to be quite a good idea
to soak them for a few hours if in doubt.

Janet G