Old 14-04-2009, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim C.[_2_] Tim C.[_2_] is offline

Default Thankyou

Two years ago I posted a question if anyone knew what the plant was that
I'd discovered in some undergrowth. It was about a foot high, sickly,
yellowing leaved and on it's last legs. I can't remember who it was but it
was suggested it was a magnolia and in need of some iron.

After some TLC and regular iron fertiliser it is now over 6 feet tall and
the first flowers have just opened. All 25 of them, and yes it's a
wonderful large-flowered magnolia. A bit like this,
http://www.asperupgaard.dk/garden/pl...isfaction.html

and I'll post a photo of the one in the garden when I can.
It's exact variety is still to be discovered but now we really know what it
is. And it's lovely. Thanks a lot everyone who helped back then. :-)

--
Tim C.