Old 14-04-2009, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Greenhouse Glass

In article 55e32925-8e7e-49b7-b3c6-
,
says...
Hello

I have recently been given an old greenhouse, and have now re-
assembled the frame. I have 2 small children, and live next to a golf
course, so I have dumped the horticultural glass, for safety reasons.

I want to replace the glass, probably with polycarbonate, because it
seems the safest.

I am having trouble locating places to buy the glass, I have tried the
usual DIY and garden centres. Could anyone suggest any stockists,
preferably ones that do the 'Kit' package please?

Thanks
Paddy

Polycarbinate will blow out of a frame designed for glass unless
stiffened in some way, for much the same price you can get laminated
safety glass, green house glass is standard sizes so if you say what you
want it for and how many there should be no problem until you reach the
triangular bits, shame you did not keep them until having the new cut,
you could have used them as a template!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk