Old 14-04-2009, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Thankyou

In message , Tim C.
writes
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:44:29 +0200, Martin wrote in post :
m :

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:36:13 +0200, "Tim C." wrote:

Two years ago I posted a question if anyone knew what the plant was that
I'd discovered in some undergrowth. It was about a foot high, sickly,
yellowing leaved and on it's last legs. I can't remember who it was but it
was suggested it was a magnolia and in need of some iron.

After some TLC and regular iron fertiliser it is now over 6 feet tall and
the first flowers have just opened. All 25 of them, and yes it's a
wonderful large-flowered magnolia. A bit like this,
http://www.asperupgaard.dk/garden/pl.../magnolia_sati
sfaction/slides/magnolia-satisfaction.html

Thanks a lot everyone who helped back then. :-)

We bought a 3 feet tall magnolia from Lidl for €6.50 last autumn.
It is covered
in flowers.

I don't care!!!!! :-)

Neither do I. One of my neighbours has a glorious magnolia on the
boundary of their front garden. It is the bane of their next door
neighbours' life when it showers petals all over their front lawn.
8-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply