Old 14-04-2009, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Killing Grass

The message
from Martin contains these words:
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 00:19:05 GMT, Rusty_Hinge

wrote:
The message
from Martin contains these words:
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 16:27:54 GMT, Rusty_Hinge

wrote:
The message
from Martin contains these words:
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 14:48:34 GMT, Rusty_Hinge

wrote:

What is 'bound' if not a chemical reaction?

It's what chickens get.

I always called it 'trussed'...

and not egg bound?

Only in the case of rubber ones.

What about pot eggs?

I've never seen pot-eggs bound, have you?

Hens have a right to a private life too.

When I was six I became a small smallholder - in that I became the owner
of a pair of khaki campbells -
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/dux.jpg

As they grew up a bit, my ole man checked their nestbox each morning for
eggs, and in his shed I found just the job - a nicely glazed pot-egg,
which I placed in the nest before going to bed. (Double summer time then
IIRC)

In the morning I was delighted to find a pot-egg in an egg-cup in my
place at the breakfast table, and learnt that 'practical jokes' were
good...

--
Rusty