Old 14-04-2009, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Should I Lock My Shed

"brooklyn1" wrote in message

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"brooklyn1" wrote in message

"Ed" ex@directory wrote in message
et...
On 14/04/09 17:41, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Ed" wrote ...
Got my new shed now on the allotment and

Meant to ask, what's an "allotment"?

Assuming you're in the U.S, you would probably call it a community
garden.

Steve

Thanks. Then I would definitely lock my shed.

I don't lock mine, just put a nail through the hasp to keep it shut. Our
site is open, not even a gate. The one time in 7 years we've been robbed,
the sheds with locks were simply bolt croppered, in some cases the hasp was
cut. So we all lost our tools, but those with locks also lost a lock or
hasp.

Interestingly, one of the other allotmenteers called the police, and a
detective came out to the allotments, and he was not best pleased because A,
someone had just had a delivery of manure, which he didn't like at all, and
B, because 8 sheds had been robbed, which meant 8 separate victims, and 8
separate crimes, with very little chance of solving, natch. So that was his
statistics banjaxed for that month.

Steve