Old 14-04-2009, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim Jackson Jim Jackson is offline

Default Death of a plum tree ?

Spider wrote:

Try pruning a greengage...

We tried a greengage, but the Husband Thingy signed it's death warrant when
it was stingy with its fruit :~{. Who knows, patience may have been
rewarded ...

It took my 20 year old greengage quite a time to come into fruit, and it
only has a good crop every few years. But it's worth it for those few good
years. I have the impression that it crops better after a colder winter.
It certainly has wonderfully abundant blossom at the moment, so I'm hoping
this year will be a good crop.