Old 15-04-2009, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Supporting Peas ?

Hugh Jampton wrote:
I've not grown peas for a few years. When I did I tried all sorts of ways
to support them. Decided to try again this year and bought a couple of
packets of seeds today. Instructions say "Plants are self supporting when
grown in blocks".

Can anyone explain how I do this please ?

TIA.

I guess by blocks they mean grouped together in clumps.
I'm growing my peas up "pea sticks" in other words long hazel hedge
clippings three feet long stuffed into the ground in a row and trimmed
up a little to make a flat fan shape.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.