Old 16-04-2009, 07:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default minimum pot size for chili plants

In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:

"bigmike20vt" wrote in message

Hi

my 1st post, maybe of many

i have 50 chilli plants.

various variaties - 7 different types - 8 including my sweet peppers.

now last year i used pretty big pots for each plant, however with so
many this year (for jams and chuckneys) i need to know the minimum pot
size i can get away with for average sized chilli plants so as not to
hold them back too much.

am hoping 3ltr pots will do it, but smaller would be good if poss... i
used 6 liter pots last year but i just do not have room for 50 of
them!, and the compost would cost a fortune.

thanks for any advice. am wondering if i could use small tomato
growbags at a push, maybe 4 plants in each one.

cheers
M.

--
bigmike20vt

You're more likely to get a suitable response if you don't divulge the
specific species of peppers, number of plants per pot, and growing
environment you have. WTF is "sweet peppers", I'm a TX guy, jalapenos and
habeneros guy. Rarely, I use bell peppers in a stews that I make from time
to time. Can you educate me in wimpy Yankee "peppers" and why you grow
them, what you use them for?

Dave has obviously never had a thick, grilled, red, bell pepper. The
last tough yahoo who wanted one of my habaneros, gobbled it down, barfed
it up, and went home sick. I don't have a recipe that calls for more
than a half of a habanero and that's for four people. I don't know what
to tell you, if you think that you have to suffer to be a real man.
Maybe your not a real man until you have your first heart attack?

You drinking again Dave, or are you a graduate of the Shelley School of
Charm?
--

- Billy