Old 15-04-2009, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Asparagus

In message , 'Mike'
writes
We planted some crowns last year and whilst we are aware we must not harvest
this year or next, it would be nice to see some activity. When can we expect
to see them breaking surface?

Mike
SE Isle of Wight South facing garden

Any day now I would suspect ... rather thin and weedy mine were the
first year but after 5 years they are now just poking through ... no
longer the skinny things they were. Asparagus requires patience .... and
I sometimes think they take up a lot of area for a short growing/eating
season. I reflect on what more productive use could be made of the
ground they occupy. But they taste superb!!.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!