Old 16-04-2009, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
soulman soulman is offline

Default vegetable patch.

"soulman" wrote in message
hi all new to growing things and just have a question..

if made my first vegetable patch 7ft x 5ft. Not sure what to do, I skimmed
the top of the grass off(composted) and then dug it over. I added some
brought compost, also a bit of stuff id made from last year and raked.
planted some potato's and onions sets at the beginning of April. The
question is I'm getting lots and lots of small shoots no more than a
couple inches apart and it covers the patch(2 x leaves, 5mm high with a
single long root). Is this normal? I expected to weed but there's loads!
I've started raking around my shoots to disrupt them is this enough?

thanks jase

thanks for the replys, i better get hoeing!!

jase.