Old 16-04-2009, 07:25 PM
spruce spruce is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith in France View Post
I want to plant a clematis on a cold north facing wall, last year's
didn't survive the Winter, any suggestions on something hardy but very
beautiful with large white flowers if possible?

Judith
Hi Judith
My mother grows Madame le Coultre and on a North Wall/Fence (Flowers June- September in Surrey.
It does not have huge flowers but makes up for this with the amout covered in early late summer.
Iam not a clematis expert but I thought this is one worth considering, mabe other members will sugest somthing better or you could plant more than one variety to strech out the flowering time, my mum grew it ina huge pot so it was realy established before she planted it wether this helped or not ??
Hope this helps
Spruce
Spruce
From small acorns oak trees grow