Old 17-04-2009, 01:08 AM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Is Organic Topsoil Worth It??

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 00:56:23 -0500, "Hedda Lettis"
wrote:

Just curious as how big your garden is. A cubic yard doesn't go very far.

When I bought this house all the top horizon of soil was in tact, to
that I added 12 yards of compost after the pool was built. We live on
half acre and I would say since the house is 3,000 sq ft, the pool 50'
x 10' and we have a 400 sq ft deck near the pool, the garden is about,
oh, about every square inch outside a small piece of turf in the front
yard.

Why would someone who claims to be so into gardening move all the way from
NY to the _wide open_ spaces of TX for a measly 1/2 acre, a legitimate
query.