Old 17-04-2009, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
~misfit~[_2_] ~misfit~[_2_] is offline

Default Composting Question

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bob Minchin wrote:
In the FAQ, use of a general purpose fertiliser as an accelerator is
mentioned.
Is something like growmore appropriate which is largely insoluble in
water due to its slow release characteristics or should I look for
ammonium nitrate in its soluble form?
I know I could pee on it but I do have to respect the neighbours lol

That's why the sack is split and stapled to the fence in this pic. The
neighbours on the other side can only see my back. :-)

http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1239951747.jpg
--
Shaun.

My current heap is not rotting down at all well and is predominantly
autumn leaves and I'm starting to add grass cuttings which I read can
be a problem. I'm planning to water it and hence the thought of adding
soluble nitrogen.

tia

Bob