Old 17-04-2009, 10:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Pricing nonsense

"Billy" wrote in message news:wildbilly-
UPSIDE
Good exercise
Improving the environment by making topsoil
Tomatoes with flavor (not grown for shelf life)
Picking tomato fresh when you want it
No insecticide residue to add to the chemical soup inside you
Good ol' American independence from the system

DOWNSIDE
Buying at infamously employee-unfriendly Wally World
(buy from local nursery instead, keep the money in town)

I couldn't agree more. Fresh food is well worth the extra cost, and if you
can get your initial plants from a local nursery (which will likely be more
expensive than Wal-Mart), then you are helping the community as well.

What I would do is buy a 6-pack of tomatoes instead of one plant. They are
a lot cheaper in the 6-packs, and you'd get more food from them.
--S.