Old 13-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Mike

Default Annual Rainfall

In article , Mike
writes
In article , geoff
writes
?

Trying to find how big a holding tank needs to be to catch all the rain
off the roof of a new clubhouse of 50 metres x 20 metres.

Mike,

The average for the UK is usually taken as about 30 inches (approx 0.75
metres) a year.

This will give an annual volume on the clubhouse roof of approx 750 cubic
metres! The tank will need to be 10 by 10 by 7.5 metres! It might be
better to calculate the volume of water needed during a drought of X days
duration for its tank might be smaller but still meet requirements.

Whilst that size tank seems rather large at the moment, if this 'Global
Warming' brings more rain, but higher temperatures, then I will need
more water and more often.

I do have quite a substantial raised area where the tank could go and
with my experience with Marine Electrics, it won't be too hard to fix up
a forced water feed to the taps :-))

In have a meeting

I have a meeting. (Don't know how the 'n' dropped in)

Mike
Forthcoming reunions. Royal Navy Social Weekend Sussex May 2nd - 5th.
H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th. Plus many more