Old 13-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Annual Rainfall

In article ,
Mike wrote:
I would like to find out the Annual rainfall, in monthly figures for
Sandown on the Isle of Wight. I have looked at Google and not found it.
Anyone know if this can be found?

Clearly :-) It is roughly 80 cm a year, with little enough monthly
variation that you may as well ignore it. Try your local library and
a decent atlas :-)

Trying to find how big a holding tank needs to be to catch all the rain
off the roof of a new clubhouse of 50 metres x 20 metres.

Water will be used for watering Bowls Green, Football/Cricket pitch etc.

Any 'number crunchers' out there? :-))

Well, yes, and I can do multi-petaflop calculations if needed, but
I don't think that I need to :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.