Old 13-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Dave Liquorice

Default Annual Rainfall

On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 18:56:53 +0100, Mike wrote:

The average for the UK is usually taken as about 30 inches (approx
0.75 metres) a year.

But varies hugely with area, some places get that much in a couple of
months...

That's not all. I oppose any building in the area which is being
built on virgin ground and that building's rain water is to be sent
down the drain.

Quite right it should go into soakaways or stored and used on the land
(same thing just deferred).

Southern Water will be at this forum so I will take it up with them.
many thanks for your help and advice.

I have a sneaking suspicion that collecting and storing significant
quantities of rain water require an "abstraction" license from the
local water authority.

--
Cheers
Dave. Remove "spam" for valid email.