Old 18-04-2009, 06:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default minimum pot size for chili plants

In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:

Be wary, Nancy.

Cool, Einstein. Anything happens to me and you go to the top of the list.
Want to dig a deeper hole? Whadda ya got?

Should I be concerned about the books I read, the places I go, the
neighbors I speak to? Those were the worries I read about of the people
residing in the Third Reich, in the Soviet Union, in Fascist Italy.
Heil Michael Savage?

You enjoy being pathetic?
Get help is my best suggestion.

Right-wing groups 'growing' in US
By Jon Donnison
BBC News, Washington
America could be facing a surge in right-wing extremism, according to a
new US government report.

Richard Poplawski, a member of a racist
group, killed three police officers

The Department of Homeland Security study says the election of America's
first black president and the economic slump has helped racist groups
recruit.

But the report says no specific attacks are being planned by extremists.
Some moderate conservatives fear the administration could use the report
as an excuse to tighten gun laws and restrict freedom of speech.

Pronounced threat

The report says that high unemployment figures and home foreclosures
have created a climate similar to the early 1990s when white
supremacists saw a growth period.

That resurgence was stifled in 1995 after an FBI crackdown on extreme
right groups following the Oklahoma City bombings which were carried out
by white supremacist Timothy McVeigh.

Some extreme right websites reported a surge in membership immediately
after Barack Obama's election.

The Homeland Security study says the threat posed by what it calls "lone
wolves" and "small terrorist cells" is more pronounced that in previous
years.

It cites an example two weeks ago when three police officers were shot
dead in Pittsburgh by Richard Poplawski, who had been a member of a
white supremacist group.

Some more moderate conservatives have criticised the Homeland Security
study. They believe the White House could use it to justify tougher gun
laws and restrictions on conservatives' freedom of speech.

The issue is being keenly debated on right-wing blogs and talk shows.
Radio talk show host Michael Savage, who runs the website Savage Nation,
is asking his readers whether Homeland Security Secretary Janet
Napolitano should step down for "targeting loyal, patriotic Americans as
possible terrorists".

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/h...as/8000763.stm

Published: 2009/04/15 16:52:55 GMT