Old 18-04-2009, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Should I Lock My Shed

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 12:59:51 -0400, Bill
wrote:

In article ,
"Hamer Family" wrote:

In the UK an allotment is a parel of land rented, usually from local
government, (the council) usually by an individual. I have my plot of
land.
In the UK the local authority is obliged in law by a number of 'enclosure
acts' to provide such land as may be neccessary in a particular area. This
is because of riots after the landed gentry enclosed the common land and
made it their own in the 1800's. Leaving poor people nowhere to graze
their
animals or grow food for the table.

A dark day with the loss of the commons. A model that many counties
seem to mimic. (

Bill where is Chief Seattle ?

http://onthecommons.org/

Charlie

"If the Internet teaches us anything, it is that great value comes
from leaving core resources in a commons, where they're free for
people to build upon as they see fit." -- Lawrence Lessig

Thanks once again Charlie for the site and the Lessig quote.

Bill out feeding hummers now

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.