Old 13-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Mike

Default Annual Rainfall

In article . network,
Dave Liquorice writes
On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 18:56:53 +0100, Mike wrote:

Quite right it should go into soakaways or stored and used on the land
(same thing just deferred).

which is what this is for.

I have a sneaking suspicion that collecting and storing significant
quantities of rain water require an "abstraction" license from the
local water authority.

We are not abstracting it. We will be storing it and will be returning
it to the ground at our convenience.

Wonderful story with regards to Water Rates on my first factory. A set
of starter factories were built on some reclaimed marsh land. Rain
water, before building went into the marshes.

Rainwater after the factories were built............ went into the
marshes.

We all move in and received our rates. Fine we expected and accepted
that, but then the water rates turned up which were then calculated on
the rateable value.

"You can have these back we have no water"
(The toilet and washing facilities were in a separate block.)

'But there is the rain water off the roof, have your water rates papers
back'

"The rain water went into the marshes before these units were built and
still does. Have your papers back and cancel them'

By now we have the Enterprise Agency and the local Member of Parliament
interested :-))

'But you have toilet facilities to be dealt with. Have your papers back
and please pay'

"No, the toilet and washroom facilities are still in the hands of the
owner and part of the rent we pay includes the use and cleaning of these
toilets. Have your papers back and go and see the owner"

We did of course win :-))

Mike :-)

Forthcoming reunions. Royal Navy Social Weekend Sussex May 2nd - 5th.
H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th. Plus many more