Old 18-04-2009, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Gardener's World

"Fuschia" wrote ...
, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"'Mike'" wrote
My wife is an avid Gardener and has been a fan of Gardener's World back
Percy Thrower. This week she lost interest half way through and did
other
things. The Gnome's Sanctuary finally drove her out!!!

What are other people's views as to who BBC are aiming the programme at?
Not the 'Grown up' gardener for sure.

We have discussed this a couple of times already, I certainly have no idea
who it's aimed at, as you say, certainly not the experienced gardener, and
worry what"new" gardeners might learn from it.
Didn't bother to watch or even record this evenings show, went out for a
curry.

It's very disappointing what the programme has descended to. Poor old
Geoff Hamilton must be turning in his compost heap.

Thinking about it perhaps they could repeat Percy Thrower's programs, they
repeat all the crap so why not a gardening program that teaches you
properly.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden