Old 19-04-2009, 05:12 PM
klondyke klondyke is offline
Registered User

Location: abergavenny Mon
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jampton View Post
I've not grown peas for a few years. When I did I tried all sorts of ways
to support them. Decided to try again this year and bought a couple of
packets of seeds today. Instructions say "Plants are self supporting when
grown in blocks".

Can anyone explain how I do this please ?

TIA.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Hi Hugh, Plants like peas that produce tendrils are best grown on some sort of trellis.I used to use old fashioned sticks from the hedge but they are a nuisance and now I use old electric fence netting left from my farming days and it works really well. Any light netting would do though but it needs to be kept tight or the whole thing will collpse when the peas are all grown up it. [KLONDYKE]