Old 19-04-2009, 03:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Grass walkways through garden?

http://weloveteaching.com/landscape/gravel/gravel.htm

we got tired of the "grass" which was just weeds. so we skinned the top layer off,
put down landscape fabric and brought in the pea gravel. The snow and ice melt
incredibly fast and the drainage is heaven even after big ass downpours. We
definitely think the dark gravel sets off the flower beds beautifully. We gave away
our lawn mower.

here is more of my landscape I have updated recently in teh backyard.
http://weloveteaching.com/landscape/MOHlandscape.html
and this shows how some of the raised beds have changed
http://weloveteaching.com/landscape/...ised-beds.html
Ingrid

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 15:28:02 -0700, "Zootal" wrote:
I would welcome comments from some of you more experirenced gardners. My
garden consists of about a dozen beds of various sizes (15x5 being common)
with grass walkways in between. The walkways are wide enough to run a lawn
mower through them. I've considered killing the grass. I have an old
swimming pool liner that I am thinking of cutting up into strips and laying
it on the walkways for a while, so I can kill the grass without resorting to
chemicals.

Any thoughts of having grass near and through a garden? Is it likely to
house and breed flea beetles and other insects, and would you recommend
getting rid of it? Or would you consider it to be harmless and possible
aesthetically pleasing (it does look nice in the summer to have nice green
pathways through the garden)