Old 19-04-2009, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Mushy Pea Seeds

Davy wrote:
On 30th March, when the soil was nicely warmed, I planted
a couple of rows of peas into a raised bed warmed by a
fleece cloche. I watered them copiously as recommended cos
the peas are dried and need to dehydrate.
Now three weeks later only 10% germination.

Digging down I find that the pea seeds have swollen into
blobs of green slime.

Is this a common problem? What should I do differently? I
have had no problems the last two years with a different
variety from a different supplier.

thanks

DAvy

Overwatering? I sowed mine in damp soil, lightly watered every other day or
so if the soil looked dry. 100% germination.
--
Pete C
London UK