Old 13-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Climber ID please.

Spend this morning helping a young lady with her garden. Noticed a lilac
tree covered by an unusual climber which was flowering, and I understand it
was from a small plant given to her by the Head Gardener at a stately house
in Devon.
Climbs like Wisteria, by coiling (clockwise) it's way up through the
tree/branches. Stems remain quite thin but it looks to be a bit of a thug
and in need of some control. Leaves only just showing so can't say what they
are like. Flowers about an inch across and dark red/maroon, and I'm told,
after the first flush it keeps on flowering a bit all season.
Any ideas?

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.