Old 20-04-2009, 12:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Front Garden and the Food Bill

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 22:24:04 +0100, PeterGreenMan
wrote:

I would like to get my front garden contributing towards the food bill.
I’m at a loss as to what to grow. Not only must the garden be
aesthetically pleasing (whingeing neighbours) but the house faces north
and the garden spends a lot of time in the shade. Any suggestions or
advice would be appreciated. Vegetables

You don't have too many vegetable choices on the north side. Tomatoes,
cucumbers, squash, corn, peppers, potatoes grow best in full fun. You
may be able to grow strawberries in part shade.