Old 20-04-2009, 06:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nanzi Nanzi is offline

Default Time release fertilizers

On Apr 20, 10:12*am, Tim wrote:
I grow everything in containers, and use Pro-Mix BX as the soil medium.
Very happy with it. It drains so well, I worry that the water soluble
fertilizer leeches out too quick. A garden expert whose podcast I listen
to Ron Wilson is an avid proponent of Osmakote, a time release
fertilizer.
Does anyone use a time release, and how do you think it works for you?
Do you still give your plants extra feedings?

Tim

Pro-Mixhttp://www.greenhousemegastore.com/Pro-Mix-BX-38CF-Compressed/product...

Osmakotehttp://www.scotts.com/smg/catalog/productTemplate.jsp?tabs=usage&proI...

I have used Osmakote for a couple of years with good results, and I do
not feed inbetween.