Old 20-04-2009, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] slssfw@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Bramble / Blackberry flowering question

On 20 Apr, 15:30, K wrote:

Try bending down the 'branches' in an arc to stimulate side growths
which will be more ready to flower.

If you've already got lots of side growths, then, sorry, I can't help!
--
Kay

Thanks. It grew ever so quickly last year and I did bend down the
arches just to stop it sprawling everywhere. I guess this must have
resulted in the much visible proliferation of side growth this year.
Nevermind, I will show patience. The bramble seems to house numerous
little bugs which are attracting many of the local small birds, such
as blue tits and sparrows, who seem overjoyed at finding such a
bountiful eatery !

uc