Old 21-04-2009, 02:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Front Garden and the Food Bill

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 22:24:04 +0100, PeterGreenMan
wrote:

I would like to get my front garden contributing towards the food bill.
I'm at a loss as to what to grow. Not only must the garden be
aesthetically pleasing (whingeing neighbours) but the house faces north
and the garden spends a lot of time in the shade. Any suggestions or
advice would be appreciated. Vegetables

I thought I already answered this, but vegetables will never be good
when grown in the shade. They need a minimum of six hours a day of
full, not dappled sun. Even here in Texas they require full sun.

I had always thought that Texas had high summer temperatures much like I do
here in Oz. I have to put up shade cloth in high summer here to stop
sunburn on quite a lot of my veg plants.