Old 21-04-2009, 02:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Front Garden and the Food Bill

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 22:33:24 -0700, Billy
wrote:

I must have been asleep. At the risk of feeding a troll (fools jump in,
yada, yada, yada), lettuce and swiss chard are particularly forgiving.
If these don't work, you are screwed.Keep the ground moist (not dry, not
soggy).

Swiss chard is not something which will extend or reduce the food
bills, and they will not do well in shade and can get a lot of insect
damage as a result.

I've had very different experiemces with Swish Chard. I believe it is one
of the best value plants around because it's virtually bomb proof and it's
one plant that I always advise people to plant. If you have Swiss Chard,
eggs and a few basics in the pantry you can laways make a meal.