Old 21-04-2009, 12:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Pricing nonsense

"Charlie" wrote in message

THe grands love being in the garden and sampling veggies fresh from
the vine, ground, etc. We always have pots with cherry tomatoes on
the patio and they graze on them all day.

I have four boys, ages 3-12, and they all LOVE vegetables. We have a
sizeable garden, and in the summer it is the norm for them to play outside
and nibble all day as they go. A cucumber in one hand, tomato in the other,
mouth full of beans or baby corn--this is their season! They are fussing
because it's been months since they've gotten to pick stuff. Everyone is
eyeing the pea vines and newly-flowering pepper plants with greed. Already
nibbling parsley because it's the only thing edible right now. I think
having your own garden is the best way to get kids interested in eating
vegetables.
--S.