Old 21-04-2009, 04:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Tim Tim is offline

Default Time release fertilizers

FarmI wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message
I grow everything in containers, and use Pro-Mix BX as the soil medium.
Very happy with it. It drains so well, I worry that the water soluble
fertilizer leeches out too quick. A garden expert whose podcast I listen
to Ron Wilson is an avid proponent of Osmakote, a time release
fertilizer.
Does anyone use a time release, and how do you think it works for you?
Do you still give your plants extra feedings?

I use Osmacote for indoor plants and pot plants. I'd never consider using
it for something I planned to eat.

Ok, round two....8-)
Please explain.
And btw, thanks for your input!