Old 21-04-2009, 04:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] busbus@gmail.com is offline

Default How do I fix a pourous area?

On Apr 21, 10:27*am, "brooklyn1" wrote:
wrote in message

Hello.

I have a PERFECT spot for a garden at the top of my hill. It is very
flat

===========================

Obviously it's not PERFECT at all, far from it, what you have is a pile of
trash/garbage.

Without a better description, hopefully a photograph of the area depicting
detail of the topography, all anyone can offer you is wild speculation.
From what you've said so far the best I can suggest is to bulldoze that hill
down to it's original base to get rid of all the buried debris.

=======================

brooklyn,

It's not necessarily garbage but it is fill. I can't dig to the
bottom because, like I said, it is 25-30 feet from the original base
to the top of my hll now.

They made an area at the top of my hill that is almost perfectly flat
which is 70-feet long by 35- to 40-feet wide. Underneath some amount
of soil (I am thinking between 2 or 3 feet), there is fill: rock,
concrete blocks, all sorts of stuff I bet. The water just drizzles
right thru it like a sieve. It is especially bad during the hot, dry
season.

The sun shines on the area all day long.

That is the best I can describe it.