Old 21-04-2009, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Shade loving plants

" Jeanne Stockdale" wrote ...
I have a large tub which I have just cleared out (as nothing seemed to be
doing well) and want to re-plant.

The tub is in permanent shade and is sheltered from the worst of the
weather.

Any suggestions for suitable plants - I would prefer permanent planting
and some colour (i.e. not particularly keen on dwarf conifers).

We are in South Cheshire

Not many flowering plant like shade however if it's open shade how about a
Camellia or Rhody or even a Hydrangea.
Alternatively if it's very shady ferns fit the bill but will need to be kept
moist, as will the plants mentioned above..

--
Regards
Bob Hobden