Old 22-04-2009, 02:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Time release fertilizers

"Tim" wrote in message
George.com wrote:

Tim, I think the point Billy is making, and perhaps not a bad point
either, is think about other sorts of time release fertilisers also. Poop
based fertilisers for example are also slow release but are also good for
your soil. Don't just look at symthetic slow release, think about natural
fertilisers that deliver a managed amount of nutrients to your plants
and also do some benefit to your soils.

Hi Rob. Thanks for the well written post.
At the beginning of each growing season, I do mix in some
composted poop into my containers.

And what do you observe? Have you tried using only composted poop in one
lot, a mix of composted poopand chemicals in another lot and just chenmicals
in a third lot?

I wouldn't mind betting pounds to peanuts that the chemical lot looks fat
and huge.