Old 22-04-2009, 12:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek Turner Derek Turner is offline

Default Prunings - Shredder _ Compost ?

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 20:48:28 +0100, Gordon H wrote:

What proportion of shredded prunings of various shrubs is it advisable
to place in the compost heap?

Since I live alone, I don't get a great amount of kitchen waste to add
to the heap, so my compost is mainly shreddings and some of the grass
from the mower. Plus some free home-made accelerator. ;-)

Sounds like an ideal balance! Layer shreddings (brown) with grass
clippings (green) and you really can't go wrong.