Old 22-04-2009, 05:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
SteveB[_11_] SteveB[_11_] is offline

Default Greenhouses

"Suzanne D." wrote in message
"SteveB" wrote in message

"Suzanne D." wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message
I live in XXtreme SW Utah at 3900' elev., north of St. George.

I have no greenhouse advice for you, but just wanted to say I live in
Hurricane, so...howdy neighbor!
--S.

Sorry, don't know of any Hurricane, Utah.
I DO know of Herkin, Utah.

Would that be right next to "laverrakin"? (I pronounce it like the storm,
by the way. I only moved here five years ago and could never say it like
the natives.)

Wave as you drive by us in Toquerville.

I'm taking the kids to the park there on Tuesday!
Is Toquerville really zone 6? I always thought I was 8 or thereabouts,
and I know there isn't much temperature difference between the two towns.
--S.

I have seen it rated in different zones in different books. Still a little
unsure. But I stop by Ballard's for my stuff, so I figure they have what
will grow here. I live VERY close to Toquerville park. We love it here.
Just a little windy.