Old 23-04-2009, 01:22 AM
kris anthem um kris anthem um is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailer[_2_] View Post
I have a garden that is next to the house and we need to keep the weeds to a
minimum if we can. I was planning on putting down mulch over black garden
paper.

I've noticed the various kinds of mulch-cedar, pine, eucalyptus, even rubber
mulch (expensive).

what's the best kind of mulch to use for weed control in a flower garden?

located in northern Texas.
i am in tropical australia but mulch is mulch and in my experience pine or eucalypt works a treat and smells good too boot. just put in plenty of nitrogen to counteract the effect of the mulch 'soaking up the goodness' as it breaks down, blood and bone or manure is ideal.