Old 22-04-2009, 09:38 PM posted to austin.gardening
cat daddy cat daddy is offline

Default Bunch of Buntings

"charliekilo" wrote in message
"cat daddy" wrote in message

"jOhN" wrote in message
We have had 4 Indigo and 2 Painted buntings hanging out by our feeder
for a couple of days. Woohoo!

I have a litter of raccoon babies under my bathtub...... Ah, the
delightful, chattering sounds of Spring.....

For the past three years (but not this year that God!!!) we have had
raccoon babies in our attic and between floors. They make a hellava racket
as they mature and are getting ready to leave the nest, playing,
exploring, etc. Last year I saw one of the babies leaving (crawling off
our roof onto the patio)....I had been so mad at them until I saw
it.....cute, cute cute!

I think I finally got all of the potential entry spots closed-up this
winter.

I didn't complete the access door after having the foundation re-done.
They do make a racket, especially at the 1AM feeding. They're probably not
two weeks old, so I have the exploring and playing to look forward to......
I had a very tame mama raccoon bring her babies around when I first moved
in years ago. She'd put them in a tree while she ate, and eventually let
them come in the cat door by themselves. Extremely cute......I had about a
dozen stray cats at the time, and they'd sit around the bowl and watch the
babies eat. A very Disney moment...
And yeah, once mama moves them out, I'll be putting in that door....