Old 23-04-2009, 08:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Time release fertilizers

In article
,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"Billy" wrote in message

You cheat your plant. You fudge on helping the planet. You are an
embarrassment to ecologists. You are of no help to anyone. When the
planet dies, you may not protest.

Billy, I think you are being a bit harsh on this occasion. At least Tim
seems to be interested enough to be asking questions and trying to
understand organics vs chemicals. The same could not be said for some of
the 'nuke it till it glows' trolls we've had here.

decades ago, I began gardening using chemicals. It didn't take me long
realise the error of my ways but I suspect most people in the western
world
begin gardening that way. The chemical companies employ very good mind
bending advertising agencies.

You don't like my pedagogical approach? Hmmmm. I was just trying to get
his attention. Sometimes you need a very large 2" X 4". The length gives
more leverage. He does seem a nice enough chap but he is proposing
something very stupid. Very small to be sure, but stupid none the less.
Organic costs nothing but our kitchen scraps. He is willing to give
Monsanto money for the ability to kill topsoil.
You think a charm offensive is better? OK, I'll go brush my teeth.
I appreciate the thought, truly. You not the first to mention my bedside
manner needs some attending to.

Billy, I have no objection whatsoever to you or anyone taking a baseball bat
to someone who shows either their disagreeable side or who writes idiotic
things. Lord knows I've done it often enough myself.

What I do have a problem with is if you do it without first doing some
analysis of the thread. Tim made sensible responses in answer to points
raised so all I was trying to do was to point out that he hadn't shown any
indications so far in the thread of being a troll.

No mum, no sign at all, but I did catch a hint of doubt, of vacillation.
I just hates vacillation when it comes to Archer Daniels Midland,
ConAgra, Cargill, American Cyanamid, Ciba-Geigy, Monsanto, or Syngenta.
Grrr - owwl

Don't clean you teeth
yet, they might fall out because of the shock you've given them :-))

Yes mum, I was just goin' to bush them out a bit, sort of a comb over;O)
--

- Billy