Old 23-04-2009, 07:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Gardening Project for Kindergarten

In article ,
"Steve Peek" wrote:

Why didn't you plant radishes to start with? The kids could've eaten them
before summer break.

Great idea. If you have six weeks left, give it a go.

In answer to your question, some seeds respond well to gentle bottom heat.

And some don't. Squash, and corn definitely do.

Steve
"The Ranger" wrote in message
ndwidth...
I am teaching a kindergarten class about plants and one of the "science"
projects is growing a series of plants from seedlings. I've planned out my
plants but would like them to see them before we leave for the summer.

Is there a way of assisting the initial growth of the seedlings?

Many thanks.

The Ranger

--

- Billy