Old 24-04-2009, 01:05 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
dicky[_2_] dicky[_2_] is offline

Default Fertilizing Suggestions

..4lbs/100sq ft x299 sq ft = 1.146 lbs of nitrogen spread over your 299
sq ft garden
1lb/ 100sq ft x 299 sq ft = 2.99 lbs of potash spread over your 299 sq
ft garden.
Not a lot of fertilization needed....most bags of fertilizer are about
20 lbs, so you will probably end-up buying enough to last you 10 years
or so.
"Old Bob" wrote in message
I had a soil test done on my vegetable garden at the University of
Wsconsin Extension. The results stated that I need to add .30
lbs/sq
ft of Nitrogen, no additional Phosphates, and to add .2 lbs/sq ft of
potash.

To do this they say
"Nitrogen: Apply .4 lbs of regular (high N) turf fertilizer per 100
sq ft to meet plant nitrogen needs" and
"Potash: Apply 1.0 lbs of winterizer turf fertilizer per 100 sq ft
meet plant potash needs".

I am trying to translate this into what I should purchase and am
left
more than a little cold. Any suggestions on how this might
translate
will be appreciated.

BTW, my garder is ~ 299 sq ft and the main crop is paste tomatoes.