Old 24-04-2009, 11:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Second take on the raised bed over stump

Well, I fell and fell hard for a weeping birch at local nursery. Over $200
is just out of the budget for now. But I'm starting a coin bank to buy one
in a few years. By then, the stumps should be fairly well rotted.

So - my neighbor and I will do the "drill the stump and add the high
nitrogen horse poop" thing. I might cover it with a trap or landscape
fabric, while we move other things (moving questions in an other post) and
gather large rocks and dig a footing for the raised bed.

So by late spring, we'll have the bed more or less ready. I'm going to move
my zebra grass (which really needs a new home anyway) there and maybe have
several pots of vines (annual ones) so stick around a trellis or pole with a
wind chime and some ???

So by summer, I should have an idea of how much of my shade I lost and a new
bed to decorate.

Cheryl