Old 24-04-2009, 02:16 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_19_] Jonno[_19_] is offline

Default Mice in garden now in house

FarmI wrote:
"0tterbot" wrote in message
"YMC" wrote in message

Rats! Sometime back I saw that there were mice in my compost bin. I don't
put food scraps there except vegetables - but it must be nice and warm
inside during Winter time.

One of them got into the house. I was watching the History channel
yesterday
when I heard something rattling away at the toaster. I paid no attention
it. When I went to make some toast - out popped a small little mouse.

It ran into a small hole inside a cupboard wall. (Meaning its not in the
cupboard but somewhere in its interior gaps.)

I got one of the old fashion traps and one of the new modern plastic
eco-friendly ones which doesn't kill the animal.

how is not killing a european house mouse "ecofriendly"? i know they're
cute but they don't belong here so there's no eco-problem in killing them!
(quite the reverse).

I've got both mice and antechinus in my sun room at the moment. I seem to
have no more in the house but I'm not trusting the little sods not to come
back.

The mice I let go in a new housing development in the area and the
antechinus I release in the paddock.

They are probably been displaced by the housing development.
This happened locally when they started building some new units in a
place where there were previously paddocks.
Same happnes with kangaroos etc....