Old 24-04-2009, 03:24 PM posted to aus.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default Defeat for the bats, birds and possums.

"0tterbot" writes:
having said all that, we HAVE in the past resorted to poison for smart rats
that refused to be caught any other way. as well as the fact that it is most
unkind as you pointed out previously, it creates problems of it's own (bad
smells & maggots from dead rats in walls, etc.) ime, there's a variety of
instant karma that results from poisoning things.

Blood thinner poisons seem to make the dying rodent cold; how else to
explain that it is not uncommon, after setting out poison, to find a
dead or dying mouse or rat lying on the lawn or a garden path in the
sunshine, in turn posing a danger to a kookaburra or cat. Probably
more do so than I realise, with most already having been snapped up
by a higher order predator.