Old 14-04-2003, 01:32 AM
Bigjon

Default Cost of Garden Centres versus Nurseries

Recently, Gill Hall uttered:

I went to a not-often visited Garden centre about fifteen miles away to
discover that it had turned into a Wyevale. Nicely laid out, plants looked
healthy, but I was shocked to discover that pots (admittedly, quite big ones)
of Vinca major and all the various vinca minors were selling for no less than
£7.99. I was shocked and didn't buy anything except a herb - for £1.50.

Am I out of touch or is this normal pricing?

Gill Hall

The most annoying thing about big modern "garden" centres is all the "tat"
that you have to wade through to find the plants. We stick to our small
local nurseries, then we can find what we want, and that doesn't include
£800 garden tables or £250 stone lions.... or £9.50 for three pathetic
pansys as spotted in our nearest big Garden Center by a neighbour.
--
It's all on http://support.microsoft.com/ somewhere....