Old 25-04-2009, 01:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
Andrew Ostrander Andrew Ostrander is offline

Default Question about starting garden

Don't just till the grass into the garden. Many bits of it will grow again
and it will become a weed problem in your garden. Most posters here are
anti-chemical and won't mention this, but the quick and easy way to solve
the grass problem is to spray it with glyphosate (Round Up), then till it in
a couple of days later.

Andrew

"James Egan" wrote in message
news
I'm planning on planting a small garden in my back yard. Currently
there's lawn with grass growing where I want to plant. When you till the
soil, can you just mix in the grass? Or should the grass be removed
first, then tilled, and compost added?

-Thanks